Monday, January 19, 2009

Disable personalizing the target location for My Documents, My Music, My Pictures and Favourites

When you right-click the My Documents folder icon in the Desktop or Start Menu, you get an option to change its target location. To disable changing this target location merge the following into the registry:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer] "DisablePersonalDirChange"=dword:00000001

To re-enable it delete the "DisablePersonalDirChange" from the registry.

Use the following to restrict the remaining:

DisablePersonalDirChange - Restrict changes to My Documents DisableMyPicturesDirChange - Restrict changes to My Pictures DisableMyMusicDirChange - Restrict changes to My Music DisableFavoritesDirChange - Restrict changes to Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment